Teaching Father's Day at Home
Updated: Oct 19, 2021
At i-Immersion, we celebrate Father’s Day in the classroom. This year, we created different kinds of plans that you can prepare at home for daddy and child(ren) during shelter-in-place.
Books to Read with Daddy
1. Dr. Seuss’s I Love My Pop! by Dr. Seuss Say thank you to Dad with this perfect-for-Father’s-Day gift book that features art from Dr. Seuss! Includes unrhymed lines about fatherly love and makes an ideal choice instead of a card!
Book link: https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Seusss-Love-Pop-Celebration/dp/1984848127
2. Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss Full of short, simple words and silly rhymes, this book is perfect for reading alone or reading aloud with Dad! The rollicking rhythm will keep kids entertained on every page, and it’s an especially good way to show Pop some love on Father’s Day!
Book link: https://www.amazon.com/Hop-Pop-Dr-Seuss/dp/0375828370
3. How to Surprise a Dad by Jean Reagan So you want to surprise your dad? You’re in luck! The pages of this book are full of tips on how to become a super dad surpriser, including tips for things you can make, do, or find—just for your dad.
Book link: https://www.amazon.com/How-Surprise-Dad-relationships/dp/0553498363
4. My Papi Has A Motorcycle by Isabel Quintero When Daisy Ramona zooms around her neighborhood with her papi on his motorcycle, she sees the people and places she’s always known. She also sees a community that is rapidly changing around her. But as the sun sets purple-blue-gold behind Daisy Ramona and her papi, she knows that the love she feels will always be there.
Book link: https://www.amazon.com/Papi-Has-Motorcycle-Isabel-Quintero/dp/052555341X
5. Spot Loves His Daddy by Eric Hill Whether playing ball in the park, feeding the ducks, or reading bedtime stories, Spot and his Daddy are great buddies. Perfect for Father’s Day, as well as all year long, this happy and heartwarming book is great for sharing.
Book link: https://www.amazon.com/Spot-Loves-Daddy-Eric-Hill/dp/0399243518